PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCESSING IS AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO WALK-INS.
Current Passport Processing Times: Routine: 6-8 weeks
Expedited: 2-3 weeks
What to Expect:
Mail delays are currently impacting when passport services receive passport applications for processing. Processing times begin the day the application is received by passport services, not the day it is mailed to their office.
ROUTINE SERVICE can take up to 10 weeks from the day an application is received by passport services to the day a new passport is received.
EXPEDITE SERVICE (for an additional $60) can take up to 5 weeks from the day an application is received by passport services to the day a new passport is received.
To schedule an appointment, first read required information and fill out Online Passport Appointment Form. After submitting the form you will be contacted by a Deputy Clerk to schedule your appointment. Please make sure you have a valid phone number on the form.
If you meet the requirements to renew your passport, please use U.S. Passport Renewal Application (DS-82). Renewal applicants are responsible for sending in their own application by mail.
If you do NOT meet the requirements to renew your passport, schedule an appointment to come into the Auditor/Recorder's Office by filling out the passport appointment form below.
Required documents to bring to your appointment:
- Completed Application For A U.S. Passport (DS-11) (Use black ink only and do NOT use whiteout. Any mistakes will require a new application,wait to sign the form until you are in front of a passport acceptance agent.)
- Passport photo(s)
- Evidence of Citizenship (i.e. certified U.S. birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or expired U.S. passport)
- Proof of identity (i.e. valid driver’s license)
- Check or money order for passport fees (must have separate checks or money orders for each application)
- Cash, check, or money order for processing fees
Applicant age 16-17: The applicant must sign their own application. Parental consent is required.
Applicant age 15 and under: Both parents and the child must be present to complete the application.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT 208-799-3020.